X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Washer Jet problem (Broken)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Washer Jet problem (Broken)

Hi Everyone,

I was a new x-type owner for HK. Just brought a 2001 x-type for a month.

I found the washer jets pair were broken and no water come out. I had call Jaguar HK and they said each jet cost HKD 5xx (~ USD 67), total will be ~ USD 140.

Just want to know if i can find any other replacement.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Hi,
You can contact our vendors first

NALLEY JAGUAR , JPAM PARTS

or off the site

www.britishparts.com

www.motorcarsltd.com

www.jagbits.com

Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

last week I noticed my left side jet stopped dispensing fluid. What part actually needs to be replaced, the nozzle/jet that sits on top of the hood?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I think you can just check the small tubes under the hood, if one works and the other doesn't you probably just have a disconnected line or a kink. I've never hear of a jet going bad, might be plugged too. But if one works you are good. The pump on the resevouir is what usually craps out.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Windshield washers

I had the left washer not working, I took a pin and cleaned out the opening and around the opening, works fine now

Old 09-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had both jets go bad over the last few years. They get brittle and fall apart.

They cost $28.95 each at Auto Parts Warehouse. Part number: W0133-1657781

Any other part of the washer hose line you can find parts for at your local auto supply store for a few bucks.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 AM

great, thanks for all the advice. I hope its as simple as cleaning with a clip. And $28.95 isn't that bad if I have to go that route-- having the part number is excellent. Thanks!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM

"I found the washer jets pair were broken and no water come out"

I solved an identical problem last year. At the base of my washer bottle there is a little removable outlet pipe/pump fitting with a fine nylon gauze filter this was blocked with a gel-like grey/green slime, some of the detergent liquids you add to windscreen washer water can cause blockages in themselves. To get to this you need to jack the driver’s side car up UK (Passenger US) and it is situated behind the wheel arch. Unscrew the arch cover & bingo!! Check the filter before you part with your cash. After I cleaned mine out I had to adjust the nozzle/jets because they were all shooting over the roof. Job sorted…..Hope this helps.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 PM

ok i took a closer look under the hood. the elbow joint tubing is brittle and became disconnected from the main line. the other end of it still fits over the nozzle lip though. should I buy a new elbow joint tube? what's the best way to connect it to the main line? I've never worked any cars in any fashion (except intalling car stereos) prior to the x-type but have now fixed quite a few things since I got mine out of wanting to save money... just need some knowledge thanks again.

Last edited by queensnewbie; 09-08-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Go to any auto parts store, they usually have a rack with that type of stuff hanging there. Up here it's called the HELP brand, has weird breakable stuff like door panel pins and interior screws and hoses etc.

Bring the one you are replacing and then replace it. Get used to doing small DIY projects or get on a first name basis with the dealership, maybe leave them your credit card (jk) but it will save you money. Get a good workshop manual, haynes or whatever you can find with pictures and diagrams. The JTIS thing is ****e, unles you are doing something very generic.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:22 PM

thanks, I will check that out. what is the best way to connect two tubes/hoses together?

Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

there is a little joiner thing avaiable as well, doesn't even require a hose clamp. that tube is 1/8 so that's what you're looking for, T fitting and joiner. spit on the fitting and slide the tubes on, simple.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 PM

I've had my washers break twice, and both times it was the connector between the hoses that run under the hood. Just open the hood and spray the washers and you'll see where it's coming from.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for you reply. I fixed the problem with a small rubber tube. Only cost $6. The result was good. At least can last for long time before fixing again.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mine too

Hi, guys! The left side of mine doesn't work either. I'll start with the pin and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My sprayer is working in that I have water coming out, but at the point of the wiper, the water is spraying out in 4 directions, only some of it hitting the windshield. Do I need to replace the WINDSHIELD WASHER JET SPRAYER?

Thanks,
Sir Jag

Old 04-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SirJag
My sprayer is working in that I have water coming out, but at the point of the wiper, the water is spraying out in 4 directions, only some of it hitting the windshield. Do I need to replace the WINDSHIELD WASHER JET SPRAYER?

Thanks,
Sir Jag
Probably just has some crap in the sprayer, try cleaning it first.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by baycliffpwds
Hi, guys! The left side of mine doesn't work either. I'll start with the pin and see what happens. Thanks for the info!
If it's only the left side that doesn't work, you may want to start by checking the hose in case there's a blockage or disconnect.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SirJag

Thanks,
Sir Jag
In this situation, I would suggest using a pin/needle to see if there's a build-up or something in the jets.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

As some suggested I would start with a pin first and clean the nozzle, Also, what I have done is get a can of spray air and if you can disconnect the rubber tube from the squirt blow some canned air thru the nozzle. If that doesn't work pop it out and go to a local auto parts store and you should be able to match the one on the car or come close. Buy two anyway, as if one is gone the other might not be too far behind.

Quick Reply: Windshield Washer Jet problem (Broken)